Monday 21 November 2011

Tear down big bag wall

I guess that I must be one of those lucky ones living in the inner city of Bangkok who didn't get my feet wet in the current flood crisis and the PM takes full credit for my feet being dry.

Yes, while this must be true, thousands of people are suffering behind the ''big bag'' dam that was erected to keep my feet dry.

The humiliation and suffering being brought onto these trapped people by the dam is unimaginable.

To think that these people are living in contaminated, putrid, stinking water that is up to 2 1/2 metres deep in their houses is unconscionable.

These people are living inhumanly and all brought on by the PM's desire to keep the rich and elite people in inner city Bangkok from getting their feet wet.

Personally, I don't mind if my feet get wet and that there is flooding if it would mean that it would ease the suffering taking place on the other side of the wall. 

Reportedly, Thai water management experts, as well as foreign water management experts, have recently said that if Bangkok is to dry out soon the dam must be taken down now.

Therefore, and paraphrasing the words of a former US President, most of my neighbuors and I cry out ''Madam PM, tear down that wall!'' and let the poor, trapped people of Thailand dry out and stop their suffering immediately!

BANGKOK CRAWDAD

No comments:

Post a Comment